Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Food For Thought pt. 1

July 17, 2012- 8:39pm

"Instead of focusing on the things that you've done wrong, and how you've done wrong, focus on what you can do to make the wrongs right."

     Last night, my brother and I had a brother bonding night, where we just talk about whatever is sitting on our minds.  One thing that was on my brother's mind was what he felt he was doing wrong (or just not being as effective as he could be).  He told me that he didn't know what was wrong with him, and was contemplating how talented he is as an individual.  Me being the older brother, and a person who also contemplates on specific characteristics within myself, I had to let him know what we're in need of- focusing on doing right.

      Think about it, I know that many altercations cause us to get in a state of mind in which we manage to doubt our abilities and our talents, and we always tend to question the problem instead of searching for the solutions behind it.  A prime example would be the idea of working out and not seeing your full results.  When you're training, your mindset is to complete the objectives within the workout in order to get to where you're physically trying to reach.  If you don't see the results within a certain time frame, it doesn't necessarily mean that you are not capable of reaching your goal.  Many of us have doubts with our faith that we can accomplish what we set out for. Then again, it's the questioning of what we're doing wrong with our decisions, set backs, and other mental dilemmas instead of gaining confidence in what we see going in the right direction.


     The mentality of an individual can hinder, or help, the attributes that we've acquired throughout our lifetime.  With the helping side, we look at the accomplishments and even the setbacks that we've had and make sure that we always progress forward.  We manage to pay attention to how a mistake was made in hopes to fully eliminate the thought of making that same mistake again.  However, with the doubt, we tend to push ourselves back even further than we would imagine, without even noticing the setbacks.  Later, we wonder exactly what happened that pushed us so far back from where we originally started.


     Another problem that we have is focusing on other people's successes and wondering how they got to where they are currently at in the time in which they accomplished their gained successes.  With that, it causes us to further question our own abilities and slowly set ourselves back.  In order to avoid that, we should continue to progress and make comparisons in the strengths and weaknesses of our fellow peers that are in good positions.  Eventually, our ability to get to where we see ourselves at will be well noticed.


     I speak on what I've embedded in my thoughts for so long, and I've come to realize that with certain obstacles, I've thought of only the thoughts and ideas I've had, and what I've done wrong.  It starts to take a negative toll on the mind, and therefore it pushes me further back than where I was previously.  So, to make a long story short, I explained to my brother that if we can focus on the goodness that we possess, not lose faith, the good will outweigh the bad, for sure.  I must also add that faith, is spiritual and also self-fulfilling as well.  So having faith that God should allow you to build faith and confidence in yourself as well.  In order to gain the ground that we sought after, look at how you progress, and enhance your progression.





No comments:

Post a Comment