Saturday, April 30, 2011

Writing to Open Up My Head- and Yours

Have you ever had the feeling that you have to keep occupied mentally with something you love or else you feel you will go crazy???

     I think about those moments when I start to go crazy- my mind is wearing itself thin due to my decision making, and due to my involvement with negative activities in this world.  I sit in deep thought and try to adjust the negative things that I may take part in with positive reinforcements, such as poetry, music, and just a thank you to God that I'm still alive even through trials and tribulations that are and will occur in the world.  
     I see that my actions must speak out to those who are not afraid to listen to what needs to be said, and so I stepped up my poetry game (majority of it can be found on facebook) just so that I can start making the moves and taking action.  It is one of the few things that keep me sane, and I can't allow my mind to deteriorate due to the bullshit that is allowed in our communities and the struggling poor societies around the world.  I have to make music and write so that way I can open the hearts of those who feel lost in the world, trying to find a way out and become better.  If people are tired of watching corruption pollute the very areas that are necessary for positive growth, then why not force the good.  We have to be the voices together, as our neighborhoods fall because of the traps, we have to be advocates for the better cause of humanity and life itself.  When the pen touches the paper, or my fingers tap against the letters on the laptop keyboard, I open up another opportunity to promote positive growth.
     Now this may just be a short creation that my thoughts have combined to create, but this is just a piece of the puzzle that is of the essence.  I aim to give you something that you all can take in, and build in your own lives.  Instead of being content with being under the line, why won't we take this opportunity to become greater than what we've allowed ourselves to be.  Let's quit settling for less and aim to fix the problems that we have.

2 comments:

  1. I see you're on your way to becoming an excellent blogger SB. As ever, I'm proud of you (that playlist is sick by the way) and I'll be reading :)
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate my SS for your support and positive energy, and I will make sure that I'm an impressive blogger. Much love...

    ReplyDelete