Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I've Noticed That About Me

July 12, 2012  12:21am

"When I look in the mirror, I see greatness.  But, when I look into the eyes of the man in the mirror, I can only see the potential and the problems."


     Sometimes, I feel that I have to question myself, and not God, for my problems.  I know that within my abilities to make change and become a better person, I struggle with my mental state at times.  By that, what I'm saying is that whenever situations arise, I seem to lose a knack of what I was blessed with.  I'm always looking at the positives that make me the person that I am today, and yet, deep within my mind I tend to take a jab at the negatives at I should strengthen.

    Perfect example, I know that I have the ability to create a multitude of ideas that will allow many others to prosper along with assist the community.  However, I distance myself from those ideas because of my inability to break my mental lock.  I'm on the verge of finding the key but instead I choose to pull at the lock without it being broken.  So ultimately, I'm fighting for no reason when I can prepare, and execute my plans effortlessly.  That's one thing I've noticed about myself.

     Another thing I've noticed is that I'm very arrogant at the WRONG TIMES.  Yeah, I'll admit that when it comes to stubbornness and arrogance, they run hand in hand.  If I have to work on one major thing, my arrogance would be top 5 things to work on, hands down.  On top of that, my lackadaisical, nonchalant attitude about certain ideas and situations can hold me back further than I've already held myself back.  Lord knows how difficult I make things simply off of a few mental and personality traits that I have.

     Think about the major situations in your life, and put it in perspective.  Now, as you continue look at those situations, look at yourself in the mirror and into your eyes.  Your soul should speak to you and allow you to see what you've done right, wrong, and what you need to work on.  This is complex for some, but after a while, it becomes simple.  I feel myself changing each day, but as I confront Dante', I notice that there are great qualities, and then there are "need improvement" qualities.  With the faith and with consistent observation of my negatives I will be able to become a more effective individual, and allow it to translate to others as I help each individual one community at a time.  And to think, all it takes is a true look in the mirror and your mind, body, and spirit speaks to you, for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment