Friday, May 20, 2011

Pain Killers pt. 1

     I've been wondering what it is like to be healthy sometimes.  I'm not talking about the strong bones, lean muscles, strong heart-type healthy.  I'm talking free from insanity, open-minded, full of opportunities that blast from within you type healthy.  I'm an optimistic young man, and I understand what it takes to be where I need to be, but at times, my clustered mind takes a toll.  I'm stuck trying to decide whether or not I'm the right guy for the job.  I doubt my capabilities at times.  I struggle to stand firm with my ideas and end up not following through with my thoughts.  I want to go far, but at times, I'm stumped on how to handle situations that I know will benefit me.  I am very talented, yet I can't open up the doors to success by completing one thing at a time.  It tends to stress me out a lot, being that I know exactly where to aim, and what to aim for.  In order for me to reach a maximum amount of potential from deep within, I have to better the situations and outshine whenever opportunities are given.  So I've taken the time to come up with a list of ideas for myself and for those that may struggle with trying to get over the hump, therefore I title this blog, Pain Killers.
     Whenever you think of pain killers, you tend to relate them to chronic pain that is intense on the body.  Pain that is permanent and damaging to the body is usually a reason for taking pain killers.  But, what if it was the mind that was damaged due to pain of negativity?  What if our very thoughts are the reasons for the need of pain killers?  I sat here tonight just thinking of ways to knock the hurdle down.  We do end up having many difficulties in our lives because we become too afraid of stating what we believe and understand as right and wrong for our lives.  I do have faith, and believe that with faith and understanding, God will not put you in a position that are not able to handle.  Now, with that being said I seem to have figured out a better way of handling these thoughts and giving these thoughts a dose of permanent pain killers.

1) If you have been doubted all your life, it makes it much harder to believe in yourself, right?

     That is true for many of us, but, what I've come to realize is that the ones that are usually doubting you are the ones who have a problem with themselves and feel the need to release the tensions upon someone else.  I know that in many situations, I've been doubted by family and friends.  I used to feel like the "lone soldier" or the "odd ball", but as I got older, I realized that they weren't in any position to talk about me.  Many of my family members that I've grown up with haven't accomplished anything, and whenever they would talk down on me, I would feel like I've done something wrong.  I wasn't thinking about how low of a point they've put themselves in, and that I wasn't even as low as them.  So, really look at the people that do doubt you and make you feel like crap, and ask yourself, "What have they done so gloriously that I'm not able to accomplish?"  "How much higher do they want to make themselves feel?"



2) Those who are positively enriching always tend to see things in you that you can't see with your own eyes.

     Think about the moments in which someone may have told you that you are a bright child, or that you were an amazing person.  The first thing that you usually do is try to humble yourself.  The reason being is because you don't want to feel as if you do much in the first place.  In many instances, you drop your level of confidence to ensure that person that it isn't much that you do, and that you appreciate the compliment.  However, you don't really pay attention to the amount of times that others may compliment you in the things that you still believe you don't do.  Truth be told, I know that when someone says that you have a beautiful spirit just based off of your smile, then they are able to look deep into your soul and see the blessings that you contained.  Now, it's all about trying to reach down within and expose those blessings to others. 


3) Albert Einstein once said, "To be great is to be misunderstood."

     Although many people do not have the privilege to become Martin Luther King's or Albert Einstein, many people will have the ability to touch a handful of people's lives.  "To be great is to be misunderstood" is one of the powerful quotes I've heard, simply because of the truth behind what he was saying.  Great people aren't great solely off what they do, but off of what they bring to the table for others to accomplish.  Many of us have doubted ourselves because we aren't meant to be understood by ordinary people.  However, we are meant to bring understanding to those who have ordinary thoughts.  Greatness isn't a position, it's a responsibility that one must be willing to express to many, and for those who are doubted, the expression only grows from there.

I do have many more thoughts on how to kill the pain of confusion and self-worth, but unfortunately, I'm heading to bed.  Part two of pain killers will be on the way shortly.  Much love to you all, God bless, and kill pain with what you are blessed with.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the mind can pull a 180 from helping to hurting a person, but my question then would be how to turn them around? I've never mastered that part :\ I just kind of hope they go away on their own. Makes for hard times, let me tell you...

    <3 SS

    ReplyDelete